Building Name (Historic)Silas Spencer/Hartz Family Farm
Address523 Forbes Street
The house was built in 1773 by Silas Spencer and the barn was a former tobacco shed that was much larger but was partially torn down to make way for a road to a subdivision of the farmland. This portion is all that remains and the owner has replaced all the sides and roof, but original framing is intact. Owner believes this was the "Hartz" family farm for over 100 years. The current owner has been on this property since 1962.